These tender Balsamic Chicken Breasts are easy to make in the oven or on the grill! You are going to love this flavorful and super juicy chicken dinner recipe.
Quick chicken recipes, whether baked or grilled, are serious hanger lifesavers, and this chicken dinner is one of my absolute summer din din finest.
Whether you’re grilling in your backyard or relaxing at home, these flavorful chicken breasts are the perfect dinner option. Soaked in a homemade balsamic vinegar marinade, this chicken dinner is juicy and completely satisfying!
You can roast the chicken in the oven or smoke it on the grill. Either way, it’ll be wonderfully tender and delicious.
All you need for this tasty chicken dinner is chicken breasts, some balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and your trusty seasonings.
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Garlic: Minced garlic will pump up the flavors in your marinade!
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Basil
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray: You’ll need an oil-based cooking spray to grease the pan if you’re baking your chicken.
This marinade couldn’t be easier to throw together! Here’s how to marinate your chicken breasts:
- Place Chicken in a Bag: Place your chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic bag; set aside.
- Prepare Balsamic Marinade: In a mixing bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Marinate Chicken: Add marinade to the chicken breasts; seal the bag and refrigerate for 1 hour, or up to 12 hours.
HOW TO BAKE CHICKEN BREASTS
- Preheat Oven: Set your oven to 425ËšF and remove your chicken from the marinade. Discard leftover marinade.
- Prepare for Baking: Lightly pat dry the chicken breasts with paper towels and spray a baking dish with cooking oil.
- Cook Chicken: Add chicken breasts to the baking dish and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, for 22 to 24 minutes, or until internal temperature registers at 165ËšF. Start checking for doneness at the 20-minute mark.
- Let Cool: Remove your chicken from the oven and let it cool for 8 to 10 minutes before cutting.
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST
- Prepare Grill: Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high; about 425ËšF to 450ËšF. Once preheated, brush the grill grates with oil.
- Cook Chicken: Grill chicken for 5 to 8 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165ËšF. Use an instant read thermometer to check for doneness. Keep in mind, thicker chicken breasts will need more time to cook.
- Let Cool: Remove chicken from the grill and let it stand for 8 to 10 minutes before cutting.
TIPS FOR THE BEST CHICKEN BREASTS
- Let Chicken Rest: After you remove your chicken from the heat, it’s important to let it rest for 8 to 10 minutes. The chicken will absorb even more flavor and retain all that juice while it cools!
- Fully Soak in Marinade: Make sure you let your chicken soak in the balsamic marinade for at least an hour before you cook it. The longer it soaks, up to 12 hours, the better your chicken will taste and the juicier it’ll get.
- Check Internal Temperature: You want the internal temperature of your chicken to reach 165°F. Check the temperature with an instant read meat thermometer while chicken is on the grill or after 20 minutes of baking. If your chicken breasts are thicker, they’ll take longer to cook.
- Potato salad is an amazing side to serve with balsamic chicken. It’s light and cool with fresh avocado and homemade dressing.
- French Fries: Everyone loves chicken with a side of fries!
- Corn on the Cob: If you’re grilling your chicken, you have to try it with garlic butter corn!
- Rice: I love serving balsamic chicken breasts with rice. The dishes bring out each other’s flavors in the best way!
- Fresh green beans or salad is my favorite! It’s keeps the meat light and you feel full, but not to full.
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT LEFTOVERS
- To store your cooked chicken breasts, keep them refrigerated in an airtight container or tightly wrapped with aluminum foil. They’ll stay good for up to 4 days! You can reheat your chicken in the oven at 250°F or on the grill at medium-low heat until hot.